Co-leader of a large research team studying cancer immunology and asbestos diseases. The team have made many discoveries, including the first blood test for mesothelioma and have conducted many world-first treatments, including Australia’s first cancer gene therapy trial.
over 150 peer reviewed papers, over 30 books chapters and 2 medical books
Roles, responsibilities and expertise
- Consultant Physician, Respiratory medicine, Sir Charles Gardner Hospital
- Research Scientist, Tumour Immunology Group, University of Western Australia. Regularly speaking at major international meetings & has made numerous media appearances relating to science.
- Lectures, seminars and clinical teaching to 3rd-6th year medical students
- Co-founder and Director of the National Centre for Asbestos Related Diseases [www.ncard.org], Chairs the State Health Research Advisory Council [www.shrac.health.wa.gov.au]
- Co-founder and director of the International Skills and Training Institute in Health [www.istih.org], a philanthropic organization which provides services and training in disaster situations within the Asian region.
- Company:Professor (Respiratory Medicine), Medicine, UWA