Christobel Saunders is Winthrop Professor of Surgical Oncology, academic surgeon, cancer researcher and teacher of surgery at the School of Surgery, The University of Western Australia.
W/Professor Saunders has been closely involved in strategic planning and management of health cancer services in Australia for the last decade as Board member and Advisory Council member of Cancer Australia, past President of Cancer Council WA (2009-2013), and locally as author of the WA Health Cancer Services Framework (www.clinicalnetworks.health.wa.gov.au/cancer/docs) and first A/Director State-wide Cancer and Palliative Care Network.
W/Professor Saunders has substantially contributed to many clinical aspects of breast cancer research including clinical trials of new treatments, psychosocial, translational and health services research. W/Professor Saunders is active in several areas of surgical oncology cancer research, with a particular emphasis on breast cancer.
- Quality of Life and patient preferences in breast cancer
- Endocrine treatments in breast cancer
- Exogenous and endogenous hormones and breast cancer
- Familial breast cancer
- Clinical trials including minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer
- Translational cancer research
- Cancer services research
- Company:The University of Western Australia
- Short Bio:Deputy Head of School, School of Surgery